Watheroo Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Watheroo (6513) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 185 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Watheroo is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Watheroo was 189 and is comprised of approximately 46.6% females and 53.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Watheroo is 35 years of age.

85.2% of people living in the suburb of Watheroo were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.3% England, 3.2% Canada, 2.6% New Zealand.

98.4% of people living in Watheroo speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Watheroo is 27.5% No religion, 25.9% Anglican, 15.3% Catholic, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.5% Uniting Church, 4.2% Christian, nfd, 3.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.6% Churches of Christ, 1.6% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.6% Baptist.

58.6% of people are married, 24.3% have never married and 8.6% are divorced and 4.3% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Watheroo.

55.2% of the people living in Watheroo over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.5% are working on a part time basis. Watheroo has an unemployment rate of 5.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Watheroo are 35.0% Managers, 15.0% Labourers, 14.0% Technicians & trades workers, 12.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.0% Professionals, 6.0% Community & personal service workers, 3.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.0% Sales workers, 3.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Watheroo work in are 51.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.9% Education and training, 11.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.9% Accommodation and food services, 5.9% Public administration and safety, 4.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.0% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.0% Rental, hiring and real estate services, 3.0% Wholesale trade.

49.3% of homes are fully owned, and 23.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 26.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $592 per week and the median household income is $1325 per week.

The median rent in Watheroo is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Watheroo postcode 6513

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Noranda 6062 -> Perth -> Western Australia